We are honored to be part of the Broughton House project design team this year. The Veterans Care Village is the North West’s only home delivering dedicated veteran care.
Broughton House in Salford admitted its first patient on the 7th May 1917; it was bought in 1916 as part of an appeal by the East Lancashire branch of the British Red Cross to ease pressure on hospitals in the Manchester area.
It was one of five East Lancashire homes for the disabled to be bought and the only one to survive to the present day, where after 100 years it still provides long term care for service men and women who have served us.
Subject to planning the proposed layout of the new care village will include.
- 64 nursing home bedrooms with a special dementia wing.
- 34 independent living apartments.
- A military support hub featuring an advice centre, gym, treatment rooms, café, hair salon and meeting rooms.
- A memorial park with a cenotaph and remembrance walls.
- Landscaped gardens featuring an all-weather bowling green and a bandstand.